Blastable now offers the ultimate feature for anyone looking to take their email marketing to the next level…split testing!
You can now put multiple ideas to the test and see what works best for your audience.
Want to try out different subject lines, copy and content, or call-to-action buttons? With Blastable’s split testing feature, you can easily experiment and find out what makes your audience tick.
Skip to the directions on how to use AB testing or read on to learn more
What Exactly is Split Testing?
Split testing, also known as A/B testing, is an essential tool for optimizing your email campaigns and improving your overall conversion rates.
Simply put, split testing involves sending two or more versions of an email campaign to a small portion of your email list and then sending the version with the highest engagement rate to the rest of your subscribers.
This means you can experiment with different subject lines, email copy, call-to-actions (CTAs), color and images to see what performs best.
To name a few benefits…
- You’ll have a better understanding of your audience.
- Expect higher engagement rates and even increased revenue depending on your content.
- Build a stronger community that resonates with your content.
Getting Started with Split Testing on Blastable:
A) Decide what you want to test.
Such as the subject line, email copy, images, colors, or CTA.
B) Create different versions of your email.
Create two or more versions of your email, each with a different variation of the element you want to test. (Directions below).
C) Choose your test group and send your emails.
Select a small portion of your email list to send each version of your email to. Make sure that the groups are equal in size and representative of your overall subscriber list.
D) Analyze the results
After the test is complete, analyze the engagement rates for each version of your email. Use this data to determine which version performed the best, and then send the winning version to the rest of your subscribers.
How to Set Up and Send a “Split Test” Email Blast:
- Create a new email blast
2. Select ‘Split Email Blast’
3. Fill out your blast name, list, segments, & any exclusions for the split test.
4. Select your ‘Winning Critera’, timeframe to select the winning version, name each split test version, and the percentage of volume you want directed to each version.
5. On the next two pages, you’ll be prompted to fill out the ‘Subject’ and design your email creatives for each version of the split test.
6. Finally, review and select the send time of your split test email blast!
Alright, you are ready!
We hope you enjoyed this tutorial on Split Testing and that you have success with it 🙂
If you have any questions or issues, as always, we are at your service. Simply reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org